Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

What Was Sarah's Most Touching Moment?

What does everyone think Sarah's most touching moment was? Why do you think it?

I would say the first thing that came to my mind was the scene in "Prophecy Girl." It was the first real scene we got to see what an amazing actress Sarah is and how, despite being the slayer, she was still just a 16 year old girl who got scared of things just like everyone else.

That scene still brings tears to my eyes..Maybe it's time to whip out my Season 1 DVD..definatly.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great idea! Hmm..I have many.

The scenes she had in Prophecy Girl, especially the one where she says "Giles, I'm 16 years old. I don't wanna die." That gets to me everytime and that was her first season. Great work!

In "When She Was Bad" with her breaking down finally after the master had killed her. So sad.

In "Passion" first with finding our about Jenny and then when she told Giles that he couldn't leave her. Wow, such great acting from both sides. Heartbreaking.

Then there is "BecomingII" for obvious reasons! When Buffy cries at the end, I always cry too and the song just makes it extra emotional.

In season 3 - In "Amends" when she is trying to get Angel to come inside with her. I really feel for both of them there and the acting was so great! Sarah did a geat job as did David!

"The Prom" when Buffy is telling Willow how she can't breathe. And when she smiles when she gets the "class protector" umbrella. She beautiful the smile on her face.

Buffy crying in the kitchen I think it was in "Listening to Fear." So sad how she alwas has to carry everything. And of course "The Body!" Sarah deserves and award for that! She was just amazing in that episode and her acting wow, just so great! One of the best eps if you look at the acting. Same in "Forever" when she breaks down.

"The Gift" when she sacrifice herself and she realizes what she has to do and she finally feels at peace. The things she said to Dawn. Really makes me cry everytime I hear them.

Okay, this is a Giles/Buffy moment but I love when Giles first comes back after Buffy has been brought back and she hugs him. I have always been a big fan of Giles/Buffy's father-daughter realitionship and that is one of my faves. When she tells Spike that she was in heaven and not to tell anyone and f course, OMWF was awesome! Sarah did a great job! I love, love, love her smile at the end of "Chosen." Perfect IMO.

And lastly, "I Will Remember You" at the end with Sarah and David. WOW! I will never get over how good and emotional that scene is and you cann tell it's more than just acting. They really did that scene GREAT and there is no way to make it better.

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 05:18 AM
Master Fan

Ooh great thread. Hee. I love it when these threads spring up, I get to relive my fave moments.

I have top say that I think that you guys posted all my faves

Definately 'Phrophecy Girl'. SMG rocked that scene sooo hard. The emotion in her voice just kills me. The way it breaks and the heavy breathing. And the "Giles... I'm sixteen years old, I don't want to die". Eek. The way it catches on that last line makes me sniffle.

And the scene in Passion when she slugs Giles then breaks down crying. KILLS ME.

Oh and that scene in Becoming Part 2 when she screams at her mum. God, so good. That has to be one of my all time favourite SMG scenes. The emotion in her eyes and voice, so amazing.

Joyce: Don't you talk to me that way! (Buffy stops in her tracks) You
don't get to just dump something like this on me and pretend it's
nothing!

Buffy: (looks at her) I'm sorry, Mom, but I don't have time for this.
(starts for the door again, but stops)

Joyce: No! I am tired of 'I don't have time' or-or 'you wouldn't
understand.' (Buffy faces her) I am your mother, and you will *make*
time to explain yourself.

Buffy: I told you. I'm a Vampire Slayer.

Joyce: (haughtily) Well, I just don't accept that!

Buffy: (steps closer) Open your eyes, Mom. What do you think has been
going on for the past two years? The fights, the weird occurrences. How
many times have you washed blood out of my clothing, and you still
haven't figured it out?

Joyce: (raises her voice angrily) Well, it stops now!

Buffy: (raises her voice also) No, it doesn't stop! It *never* stops!
Do-do you think I chose to be like this? Do you have any idea how lonely
it is, how dangerous? I would *love* to be upstairs watching TV or
gossiping about boys or... God, even studying! But I have to save the
world... again.

What she did with that speech? Awesome. Just awesome.

And of course all the other ones that you guys mentioned. Heh. I'd be here all day if I detailed them all.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Samii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Supreme Fan

1.the gift up on the tower with dawn its so sad.

2.one of my favorite sarah scenes is the end of forever with michelle and sarah those two rocked in that scene and i love it.

3.i love the scene in normal again were buffy tells willow she was in a mental institution when she saw her first vampire and she is just looking at the picture and she says what if im still there what if i never left that clinic and she has that tear that comes down.

4. i love the scene with buffy and dawn in grave when buffy tells dawn she wants to see her grow up and that shes gonna be beautiful and powerful.

5. listening to fear the scene with joyce when joyce asked if dawn is hers and she says no and joyce tells her shes her sweet brave buffy what would she do without her and the look in sarahs eyes...

theres so many great touching moments
Old 11-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Dude, Samii, I forgot about that scene with Joyce. So powerful even though it was a smaller scene.

And the other scenes posted here are soo good too. I can't believe I forgot half of them.

I'm off to search for more.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:25 PM
New Fan

Dont remember name of episode

When she jump off the..(whatever it was) instaed of Don. Nice.
willowslays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:28 PM
New Fan

When she looks into Spike's eyes and says "I love you"

Come on who is she fooling?
willowslays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't post here often, but I really should. I love Sarah and I adore Buffy The Vampire Slayer. There is something about Sarah, she can make me cry with a simple look. She's just amazing, and she had so many beautiful moments on BtVS.

I may get carried away so I apologize in advance.

-Definitely the moment you guys mentioned in "Prophecy Girl". The genuine vulnerability in Sarah's voice when she says, "I'm sixteen years old. I don't wanna die." is just heartbreaking. It still has the ability to make me cry.

-Her breakdown in "When She Was Bad". It was just so real. I understood why Buffy was acting the way she was acting, and Sarah's performance at the end of the episode was incredible.

-The scene in "Innocence" where Angel has turned bad. When she says, "I, I don't understand. Was it me? Was I not..good?" My heart just shatters for her. And the desperation in her voice when she yells, "Angel! I love you." *Sigh*

-I could go on forever about how amazing Sarah's performance was in "The Body". I cried throughout that entire episode. It was so real and so honest. When she yells at Giles, "We're not supposed to move the body!" And then the look of horror that comes over her face when she realizes her words.. so heartwrenching. Everything about that episode was amazing.

-Of course the end of "The Gift". The moment Buffy comes to the realization of what she needs to do. Sarah handled it perfectly. And I think one of my favorite quotes of the entire series.. "The hardest thing in this world..is to live in it."

I think that's all for now. Well I didn't ramble..too much.

keep the starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Re: Dont remember name of episode

Quote:
Originally posted by willowslays
When she jump off the..(whatever it was) instaed of Don. Nice.
um...I think you mean "Dawn"

Claudia
Old 11-30-2004, 03:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Linds<3
-The scene in "Innocence" where Angel has turned bad. When she says, "I, I don't understand. Was it me? Was I not..good?" My heart just shatters for her. And the desperation in her voice when she yells, "Angel! I love you." *Sigh*

Lindsey, you should post here more.

I completely forgot about "Innocence" that episode was so heart-breaking. I felt like I was living Buffy's pain.

And in "Becoming Part 2" when she kills Angel, the look of shock on her face when she breaks down and "Full of Grace" playing the background. So heart-breaking.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

Oh good examples in all of those.

Another one that isn't a scene that is huge, but I think SMG did such a good job with it. It was so subtle, but I was bawling like a baby.

It was in "The Gift" when she is talking to Giles and does her "this is how many apocolypses for us now?". Man, the way her voice is shaking when she says lines like "I don't know how to live in this world if these are the choices" just rocked so hard.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Samii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

I reckon in The Body when Giles comes into Buffy's house and goes over the Joyce and Buffy's all, "we're not supposed to move the body" and then realises that she referred to her mum as 'the body'. ITA with Caroline, she deserved an award! She was robbed!!

Passion was just brilliant.

Definately The Prom and breaking down to Willow.

I also liked The Weight of the World, when Willow goes into Buffy's subconscious and she tells Willow "This is when I quit". I really like that scene, when you realise just how stressful the situation has been on Buffy.

Love all the scenes you guys mentioned too! Brilliant idea, Katie!
jenindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:42 AM
Supreme Fan

there are just so many scenes i love with her in it

another scene i liked of sarahs was in innoence when shes in giles car and she says this is my fault and giles tells her its not and she has the tears that come down..

another scene i like of sarahs is in into the woods when xander is talking to her and she says what am i gonna do beg him to stay.

then xanders telling her all that stuff about riley and her eyes get all watery and the tears come down right before she runs for riley.....

in prom ep when shes crying after angel brokeup with her and she is talking with willow and shes says i think horrible is still coming right now im just trying to keep from dying and she lays her head on willows lap and says she cant breathe its so heartbreaking shes so good at these emotional scenes......

when she runs to her house in innoence and breaks down and crys on her bed......
Old 11-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsey, you ahve to come na dpost more often!

I didn't think of the scene in BecomingII that Samii mentioned with the Joyce and Buffy thing. I gotta say Joyce must have been blind. If I came home in the middle of the night with bloody clothes or you know all the stuff that Buffy had to do, my mom and dad would have wondered what the hell was going on.

I love that scene where the guy says:"But you're just a girl." and Buffy replies: "That's what I kee saying." or something like that. It's nothing big but I love it!

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

I agree with many that were already mentioned.

Mine would have to be in Passion

Giles: Why did you come here?! This wasn't your fight!
She punches him in the jaw, and he spins and falls to the pavement.
Buffy: Are you trying to get yourself killed?!
She begins to cry and crouches down to hug him. He cries and hugs her back.
Buffy: You can't leave me. I can't do this alone.