Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 01:35 AM
Elite Fan

Kendall Hart Appreciation (AMC) #1: It was an Emmy winning performance!

Kendall Hart Appreciation thread!
All My Children created by Agnes Nixon
Sarah as Kendall: February 24, 1993 to July 3, 1995
No bashing of SMG allowed or saying that Alicia Minshew played Kendall better.

The Story

Kendall Hart knew she never fit in and was meant for more than the trailer parks in Florida where she was raised by her loving parents Bill and Alice Hart. One day she overhears that they are not her biological parents. She angrily searches for the woman that gave her up for adoption. She finds out that her biological mother is the wealthy cosmetics mogul Erica Kane. She reads Erica's autobiography--which has no mentions of giving a child up for adoption but does mention another daughter that she kept--and heads to Erica’s hometown Pine Valley, Pennsylvania, right when Erica was busy planning a wedding to Count Dimitri Marick. Kendall becomes her executive assistant, hoping that working with her would bring them closer.

She rented a room at the Fargate Boarding House. Myrtle Fargate discovered paperwork in Kendall’s room linking Kendall to Erica. Kendall begged Myrtle to keep silent about her secret. She wanted to tell Erica the truth on her own time. Being jealous of the attention her half-sister Bianca Montgomery receives after a horse riding accident, Kendall reveals the truth to Erica. Erica’s mother, Mona Kane Tyler revealed that she had recognized Kendall from a birthmark on the back of her neck. Erica began having memories of her rape and the child she put up for adoption. Kendall did not know that she was conceived when Erica was raped on her 14th birthday by movie actor Richard Fields. Erica’s father knew he had a crush on her and arranged for them to be left alone in order to get Richard to appear in a film he was directing.

Erica reached out to Kendall and invited her to move in with her at Wildwind. Kendall and the other Kane women celebrated Erica’s marriage to Dimitri. Kendall got off on a rocky start when she locked Bianca in a crypt and then told Erica & Dimitri that she ran away after hearing them arguing about her. When Kendall resolved to find her birth father, Erica cut her out of her life. Kendall was able to convince Dimitri to help her in her search, putting a strain on their marriage.

Kendall attempts to seduce Dimitri because she developed a crush on him and because she bitterly and foolishly still wanted Erica to know what it felt to be lonely and abandoned. After he rejects her, Kendall turns to Dimitri’s ward, a medical student from Hungary named Anton Lang. After having sex she returns to Wildwind and tells Erica that Dimitri raped her. Erica was overcome with memories of her own rape and stabbed Dimitri with a letter opener believing him to be Fields. Kendall continued her affair with Anton to remain privy to the goings on in Wildwind. but Dimitri made it clear that he wanted Kendall out of the picture. Kendall was threatened by the arrival of Julia Santos misconstruing Julia’s relationship with Anton to be more than just friendship. Kendall teamed up with Del Henry to write a scathing tell-all book about Erica.

When Erica’s trial for stabbing Dimitri came around, Kendall was called as a witness. Dimitri divorced Erica and wanted her in prison for what she did to him but he admitted that he still loved her. On the day of her testimony, Kendall arrived with Richard Fields in tow. On the stand, Kendall lashed out at Erica. She incriminated Erica by saying she stabbed Dimitri out of jealousy because of the attention Dimitri had showered on her. Kendall lied to the jury and said that the only thing she told Erica was that she had unprotected sex with Anton, and was scared that she was pregnant. Kendall believed she was finally getting the revenge that she had wanted. That all changed when Kendall caught Fields attempting to molest Bianca. Kendall turned to Erica and recanted her testimony. Kendall admits the truth to her furious lawyer and was sentenced to prison for six months for perjury.

Kendall becomes engaged to Anton while incarcerated. Kendall had the most unlikely of cellmates: Janet Green. Kendall filled Janet in on all that happened in Pine Valley since she left. Kendall was one of the few people who knew Janet had undergone massive reconstructive surgery. Anton breaks it off when he discovered her alliance with Del. When Kendall left prison, she found Janet going by an alias and living with her daughter, Amanda Dillon. Janet confronted Kendall, fearful that she would break her cover. This was the same night a tornado ravished Pine Valley. Kendall was trapped under a fallen beam. Janet made Kendall promise to never tell anyone about her disguise. Kendall agreed. She told Janet she would never do anything to separate a mother from her child.

Kendall discovered a dark Marick family secret: Anton was Dimitri’s son. Kendall easily seduced Anton, and they married, technically an incestuous union since his biological father was her stepfather. When Anton learned the truth, he became estranged from Dimitri and his mother, Corvina Lang. Kendall was looking forward to cash in on her husband until she learned Dimitri could shut Anton out of his inheritance because he was an illegitimate heir. Kendall turned to Corvina who was equally interested in cashing in. They worked to make it look like Corvina and Dimitri were switched at birth, making Corvina the legitimate Marick. When Anton discovered Kendall’s scheme, he leaves her for good.

When Kendall's grandmother, Mona Kane Tyler died, Kendall was deeply affected and attempted to pay her respects, only to be angrily confronted by Erica, who mistakenly believed that Kendall was faking her grief and had merely come to crash the funeral. Despite Kendall's heartfelt confessions, Erica ordered her to leave, and their argument quickly escalated to physical violence. Later, when visiting Mona's grave, Kendall got into another argument with Dimitri, which climaxed when Kendall demanded to know why he still protected Erica after she stabbed him.

Del and Kendall’s working relationship was always something more. Now that she was divorced, he actively pursued her. Kendall found out Bill Hart had died of a heart attack. She decided to return to Florida to be with Alice. When Del thought he was going to loose Kendall, he proposed marriage so that he could accompany her. Before she left, Kendall and Erica came to an understanding about their relationship.

Kendall Quotes:

Kendall: I didn’t mean to cause trouble. Honest.

Kendall: I didn't want to hurt anyone. I just wanted them to accept me.

Kendall to Anton: In the man-woman department, I'm dsyfunctual.

Kendall to Erica: You got here pretty quickly. Your broom stick must be turbo-charged.

Kendall to Dimitri: I'm the little gift from God she never told you about. I'm her first born.

Kendall to Edmund: Am I so terrible for wanting to grieve for one of the only people who ever loved me?!

Kendall to Erica: I’m not going anywhere. If you don’t want me here you’re going to have to throw me out.

Kendall (about Erica): I'm ready to drive the final nail in her coffin.

AMC characters on Kendall:

"Oh, I see someone right now and I don't like what I see. You're clearly a very angry and very disturbed young girl." -- Erica

"You wouldn't know the right thing if you tripped over it." -- Mr. Tanner

“Maybe very deep hidden under all of those layers of anger and hostility that you have, maybe you have a heart too.” -- Erica

Sarah Michelle Gellar on her All My Children days:

"I chose to see Kendall as misunderstood, which was how, as an actress, I justified her actions. It was amazing, though, playing a psycho-looney."

"I didn't know when I auditioned for Kendall that she would turn out to be who she is. I had heard rumors, but everybody was denying it. Besides, I was scared enough at the thought of working with Susan."

"When they told me I was playing her, I was like, 'What? Daughter? Me?' I remember on my first day when I walked into the rehearsal hall, Susan and Michael were rehearsing a scene. I was very nervous. I kept thinking, 'What if I'm really bad and they fire me?' I just snuck in the back and tried to blend in with the coffee machine, when all of a sudden, Susan said, 'Hold it, we need to stop for a minute. Then she walked over to me and said, 'Congratulations! I'm very glad you're here.' She put her arm around me and said, 'Don't worry, nobody bites.' And then she introduced me to everyone who was there. She really did help me and always made sure I was okay during my first couple of weeks when I was still unsettled. Both Susan and Michael made me feel comfortable."

"I was on All My Children while trying to graduate high school."

The Fans on SMG as Kendall Hart:

"Sarah is a Genius Actress. I love her forever!" -- Rainbow8Skull6Girl9

"The original Kendall! LOVED SMG when she was on AMC and I could never get into the character of Kendall again after she left." -- canegirl09

"I loved SMG in this role and I was crazy about her relationship with Del." -- andemcbeal

"I miss SMG as Kendall. I loved Sarah as Kendall. She is the best Kendall." -- Youttubi

"SMG needs to return to the role of Kendall, Alicia's portrayal is just sickening and annoying. AMC needs to fight for SMG to come back as Kendall." -- degrassilnstantstar

"But no one, no one will ever play Kendall like SMG. There is no question! She can play a bitch like nobody's business!! Alicia is good but Sarah is by far better!" -- MEE051677

“Oh I loved her as Kendall. She was so great, not to mention - preeetty girl” -- Taake

“I loved SMG as Kendall Hart, so glad she was on AMC when the writing was top notch.” -- Sunnydale Siren

“Sarah (Kendall) NEVER botched her dialogue on AMC (unlike most others).” -- desertshore

“The current Kendall is fine, but for my money Sarah Michelle Gellar will always be THE Kendall.
I'll never forget when she came on that show for the first time. She stole scenes from Susan Lucci, and that's hard to do.” -- nickbigd

Links:

YouTube - Kendall & Anton Discuss Dimitri
YouTube - Kendall & Anton 1994
YouTube - Kendall & Del-1994
YouTube - Kendall Crashes Mona's Funeral
YouTube - Kendall & Edmund
YouTube - Kendall threatens suicide to Anton
YouTube - Kendall, Anton, & Edmund Part 2
YouTube - Kendall at the Erica's Trial-Part 1
YouTube - Kendall at Erica's Trial-Part 2
YouTube - Erica learns Kendall is her daughter - Spring 1993 (Part 1/5)
YouTube - After Kendall tells Erica she is her daughter - Spring 1993 (Part 1/2)
YouTube - Kendall Motivates Bianca Into a Crypt

Trivia:

Michelle Trachtenberg met Sarah years before playing Buffy's little sister Dawn. Michelle was Lily Montgomery.

Rudolf Martin was Anton, Kendall's lover and first husband years before trying to seduce/sire Buffy as Dracula.

Julie Benz (Darla, BtVS/AtS) auditioned for the roles of Kendall & Buffy but lost out to SMG with both.

In the S7 BtVS episode Conversations With Dead People Buffy (Sarah) confesses her personal life to Holden Webster and then apologizes saying, "I didn't mean to get all All My Children on you."

Her former Swans Crossing costar Shane McDermott time on AMC overlapped and they were in three episodes together.

When Kendall was brought back in 2002 Sarah sent Alicia (the new Kendall) a basket of cookies and cakes with a note that said "Congratulations. You're doing a good job".

Sarah is the Godmother of Eva's (Maria) child and Eva is the Godmother of Sarah's daughter.

Awards and Nominations for Kendall (AMC):

1994 nominated Young Artist Award Best Youth Actress in a Soap Opera
1994 nominated Daytime Emmy Award Oustanding Younger Leading Actress in a Drama Series
1995 nominated Young Artist Award Best Youth Actress in a Soap Opera
1995 won Daytime Emmy Award Oustanding Younger Leading Actress in a Drama Series

Future Thread Titles:

b/c She is Erica Kane's first born daughter
b/c Before Alicia Minshew there was Sarah Michelle Gellar!
b/c Pine Valley was never the same once she decided to call it home
b/c A decade later people are still ripping off her “assistant” scheme *Adele on TLW*
b/c If Dimitri was our stepfather we’d try to seduce him too
b/c At least there weren’t any vamps in the crypt she locked Bianca in
b/c She deserved to say goodbye to Mona!
b/c She has street cred! She served six months in prison for lying under oath.
b/c When Dimitri didn’t bite, she let Anton (Dracula) seek his teeth in her
b/c The HBIC gene got passed from Erica to Kendall
b/c She gets in more trouble each week than we do each year
b/c Kendall got SMG nominated for an Emmy not once but twice
b/c She was called "The Next Susan Lucci" within a year of joining AMC

The Fans:

1. wilywiccan 2. Jaime Bee 3. I love Jenna Jameson 4. Burning up the Sun
5. Melanie Erdelyi 6. True Daisy Lover 7. BuffySMGfan26 8. Mischalicious
9. Issa 10. Nerenafan 11. tootynfrooty 12 Josie2288 13 Lottida 14. Baelfire24
15. BlackWhiteRose 16. twilightfan14 17. quin611

(If you want to be on the list, just ask)
[/CENTER]

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 12-01-2013 at 12:40 AM
Old 07-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Wow what a soap character.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Old 07-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Elite Fan

She was definitely given a lot to do.

It's funny that some people still think of her as the original Kendall instead of as Buffy or one of her other characters.

Do you want me to add you?
Old 07-11-2010, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Wow people remember her more for that than Buffy.

Sure.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Old 07-11-2010, 01:47 AM
Banned

I still haven't seen a single clip for her on this show.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Add me too. The new Kendall doesn't even come close to SMG.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

I've never seen any clips either.

She should have been on GH.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Old 07-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

They are posted on YouTube. I never watched AMC when she was on, I was too young.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Yeah everything is on YT.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Old 07-11-2010, 01:55 AM
Elite Fan

I'm adding all of you since you are SMG fans. ha ha

I've seen several clips (surprise, surprise, I know). She was already so talented.

Yeah, I don't really like the other actress that plays Kendall. Though it is too cute that Kendall in the later years gave birth to a boy named SPIKE.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Old 07-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Sarah didn't know she was auditioning for Kendall. It was kept very hush-hush. She went in to get the part of Erica Kane's personal assistant and when she got the part found out she was going to play Erica's long lost daughter.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

That's cool.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Old 07-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Elite Fan

Did you know that Sarah was once in a car accident during her AMC days?

“I was on my way to a photo shoot. It was Kelly Ripa, Eva, and I. We had been rescheduled for a later date because Kelly forgot to show up. And in New York no cab drivers have seat belts because it’s not law and a car in front stopped and the cab driver, instead of slowing down quickly, just jammed the breaks, and I went right through. I got out to make sure that none of my legs were broken or anything like that. And he left me there, like bleeding in the street. So I walked into a local car service. And they took me to the hospital and called my mom and sat with me. I got stitched up at about two in the morning and was at work at about three in the afternoon. I don‘t remember what happened, I blacked out. We think it was the glass partition in the center of the cab. So I had to get all of these shots since they didn‘t know what metal I hit or what I hit so I had to get a tetanus shot. I was a walking disaster on the set. I kept falling asleep.”
Old 07-23-2010, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Wow that's horrible.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Closed Thread   Post New Thread