Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

The Crazy Ones Episode Discussion: 1x11 "The Intern"

SYDNEY’S INSECURITIES ABOUT HOW SHE IS PERCEIVED RESURFACE WHEN THE BRATTY DAUGHTER OF AN IMPORTANT CLIENT BECOMES THEIR INTERN, ON “THE CRAZY ONES,” THURSDAY, DEC. 12

Ashley Tisdale Guest Stars as Lewis, Roberts and Roberts Latest Intern

“The Intern” – Sydney’s insecurities about how she is perceived resurface when the bratty daughter of an important client becomes their intern, on THE CRAZY ONES, Thursday, Dec. 12 (9:01 – 9:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Ashley Tisdale guest stars as Lewis, Roberts and Roberts’ latest intern.

CHEAT TWEET: . @AshleyTisdale gets #CRAZY when she interns for @RobinWilliams & @RealSMG @CrazyOnesCBS 12/12 9:01pm #CBS

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Can´t wait to see the episode! The promo was pretty good.
So cool, Ashley Tisdale has a guest star role in the episode.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked this one much better than last weeks. It was good. Though I feel like my expectations made me enjoy it less, as I thought we were gonna get some sort of scene with Simon and Sydney on how Sydney feels like her dad restricts her or some big dramatic blow out based on the description of the episode. I dunno why.
tslpsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

This one a lot better to me than some others.

I guess I just enjoyed the comedy more.

That would have been a good scene.

For a show about the father/daughter relationship being at the heart. We really haven't gotten them in a lot of scenes like the earlier ones of them having talks. I really liked that part.

I didn't recognize any other special guest star.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Old 12-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Loyal Fan

I liked the humor more in this one too. It was definitely one of the stronger ones thus far.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

It's weird to me how some are hilarious and others just don't make me laugh that much.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Old 12-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Loyal Fan

The show has been rather inconsistent. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is the first time David Kelley has had multiple different writers write the episodes for the show. This could be because of his unfamiliarity writing the sitcom format. Before this, he was one of those writers that would literally write every single episode of his shows.

He usually would do more in depth character drama, and you can feel his influence on some of the plot ideas and such, but I feel like he doesn't know how to go there and make it funny, or at least use the drama as a catalyst for the humor, so the show seems like its missing that element for me.

I actually heard about this show because of David E. Kelley's imdb and anytime he does something different, I'll check it out. Picket Fences was one of my top five all-time favorite tv shows. This show doesn't compare to that one, but its definitely better than a lot of his recent work and I see a lot of potential with this cast. I do think he needs to hire better comedy writers around him though.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Captain Canary

on drunk Sydney
Star Trek Fantasy Trivia~ LoT Fantasy Trivia ~ Legends of Tomorrow 3 Year Anniversary
Make Them Laugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
The show has been rather inconsistent. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is the first time David Kelley has had multiple different writers write the episodes for the show. This could be because of his unfamiliarity writing the sitcom format. Before this, he was one of those writers that would literally write every single episode of his shows.

He usually would do more in depth character drama, and you can feel his influence on some of the plot ideas and such, but I feel like he doesn't know how to go there and make it funny, or at least use the drama as a catalyst for the humor, so the show seems like its missing that element for me.

I actually heard about this show because of David E. Kelley's imdb and anytime he does something different, I'll check it out. Picket Fences was one of my top five all-time favorite tv shows. This show doesn't compare to that one, but its definitely better than a lot of his recent work and I see a lot of potential with this cast. I do think he needs to hire better comedy writers around him though.
I didn't know any of that.

I agree we need better comedy writers.

They do have a great cast. I don't like Lauren though.

I never saw Picket Fences.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Old 12-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Here's a review/analysis from this episode. This person does the best reviews
The Crazy Ones Episode 11, The Intern - Review: Read The Book First! | Gossip and Gab
Old 12-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Thanks for the link as always.

I wish we knew if it was gonna be renewed yet.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Old 12-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Loyal Fan

I hope it gets renewed. I think the show would actually be better as an hour rather than a half hour though next season, just cause with this particular show the half hour format seems rushed. Maybe then we'd get a chance to know the characters more.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Sarah Michelle Gellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
I hope it gets renewed. I think the show would actually be better as an hour rather than a half hour though next season, just cause with this particular show the half hour format seems rushed. Maybe then we'd get a chance to know the characters more.
I always thought the show should be an hour.

It's great they have had such good guest stars but I agree they need to focus on the characters more. I feel like there is So much about all of them we don't know. How did all of them end up working there? It doesn't seem like Simon was there for Sydney a lot when she was young. How did they grow closer?

I really want her mom to guest star and maybe some other characters that are from someone other than Sydney's past. Zach needs to fleshed out more especially. He just seems to be the office play boy right now. Did he get hurt by a woman and became like that?

How did Andrew and Sydney become such good friends? Has he always wanted more?

I feel like Sydney's mom could shed some light on things with Simon and Sydney.

Maybe her mom was worse to her than Simon.

Those are just a few things that come to mind.

♥Kate Mansi♥

Daytime Emmy Winner

Reply   Post New Thread