Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

it's been a year now since the last time I went on a "diet" which was basically two weeks of starvation in the intent to shrink my stomach. it worked better than ever before. for the last year, I've only been able to eat small amounts. normally my stomach would quickly go back to "full size" but not this time. only in the last few months have I been able to eat more. and it's easy now, because I'm growing a baby, and KNOW I have to be healthy for him or her. but I do worry about once baby is born, if I will abuse breast feeding to suck off more weight than I need to, if I'll eat as much as I need to once I'll only be eating for me again. but it's a day I'll face when I get there.
Ellie
then you must kiss me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Eating is so hard and it's great that you have been able to get past your problems for your baby! I eat....not very much and I'm smaller than ever at the moment but you have to be strong and keep fighting
minixoxmya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

I think just that I've felt happier and more confident the last year has really helped. I know you can never "cure" yourself, but for me, once I started dating, things like food didn't matter so much to me. 3 of the 4 guys I dated told me that I was the tiniest girl they'd even been with, which I still found hard to believe, but I took it at face value and just ate because I didn't want to screw stuff up being "weird"

I've warned my boyfriend that these issues may come up again... he's never seen me with them... especially after baby is born and I feel unnecessarily huge. I can accept being big now, because it is mostly belly, and I know that belly is mostly baby. in fact, for the first time in my life, it's annoying me when people tell me how small I still look. the one time I want to be bigger...
Ellie
Old 02-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think you're really brave and you're so right, I dont think eating disorders are something that can ever be cured by anybody...they stay with your forever and for the rest of my life I know every day will be tough. I'm scared that when I get pregnant and gain weight but will be tough, it sounds like you are doing really well it's really great to hear that it's possible to feel that way
Old 02-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

it's funny, because obviously in all the reading one does on eating disorders (I'm a HUGE memoir fan), they always warn about all the horrible things that they do to your body. I didn't care if my teeth rotted and fell out. I didn't care if my stomach exploded. I didn't care if I lost all my hair or my ability to walk or went completely out of my mind. the only thing that terrified me was how many people have been left basically sterile from years of starvation. I didn't care if my eating disorder killed me, but if it left me unable to have children, I'd have been devastated.
Ellie
Old 02-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thats what gets me and you know I use that fear to my advantage sometimes...when I'm having a really bad day I tell myself 'if you do not eat this, you might not be able to have kids' and I know I wont ever be able to say no to that.

I agree, the other physical stuff doesnt affect me at all but the idea that it could stop me having children scares me more than anything else in my life. Its what motivates me to go to my doctors appointments, to eat my dinner and that snack I really really really dont want.

I think I've sort of developed it as a coping stretegy, I know its my biggest fear and its a fear thats bigger than gaining weight so when I'm feeling strong I use it to my advantage.

You are alone in that fear...believe me
Old 02-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

i was aware of all the other stuff but didn't know it could stop you from having babies.. ugh all this sucks.

i went to see a counselor today because of what happened last wednesday... hopefully this time things can change. i've been saying that for years though.

stay strong girls. we'll fight this together
Old 02-13-2014, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As long as you still get a period you're okay

As long as we all stick together you'll be fine
Old 02-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by minixoxmya (View Post)
As long as you still get a period you're okay
there was a time i didn't have it for about 5-7 months..
Old 02-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But if it's okay now then I'm sure it will be fine
Old 03-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

Well i figured i would stop by and ive got something to post but ill put in SP tags. This has to do with a depression/suicide(not me but a friend of mine ive mentioned here) so in case you're sensitive to this stuff, read with caution.

Spoiler:

I can't imagine the struggles you ladies deal with when it comes to weight gain and being pregnant and i can only imagine how hard it is. My oldest sister has had 2 miscarriages already, im not sure why, but i hope you guys will take care of yourselves should you become pregnant.

Last edited by Demilovatic15; 03-05-2014 at 05:20 PM
Demilovatic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a really hard situation Casey but it sounds like you're a really great friend. I'm not sure that I have any advice to offer you but being there for him will really help
Old 03-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

19 is so young that breaks my heart that he would think like that when he has his whole life ahead of him.. does he talk to anyone else?
Old 03-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Life can be such a challenge sometimes and for someone so young I hope he gets the support he needs
Old 03-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesprincess (View Post)
19 is so young that breaks my heart that he would think like that when he has his whole life ahead of him.. does he talk to anyone else?
Spoiler:
Reply   Post New Thread